Ashley and Stephen had an Amazing day in NYC during the beautiful holiday season. Manhattan was festive and the excitement was electric as their wonderful wedding unfolded. Ashley and Stephen both dressed at the beautiful University Club in Manhattan. Next stop was the Magnificent St. Ignatius Loyola for a beautiful ceremony. Then we hopped on a party bus and drove to 5th Avenue across from the Plaza and Pierre hotels. Once we completed some photos and video the Amazing Luisa Colon from Everything Fabulous for Your Events directed the bridal party back on the bus and then left for University Club. I stayed with the photographer and we spent some time with Ashley and Stephen near 5th Avenue getting some awesome footage. When we finished, Ashley and Steve got into their Rolls Royce, but there was so much traffic that we all decided to take the walk on 5th Avenue back to University Club We got some Incredible cinematic moments and once we arrived at the University Club we went to the library and….OMG, it was FANTASTIC!!! Once the party started it was a fun night if love and celebration!!
1. What were the theme and colors of your wedding? Stephen and I wanted to have a classic New York wedding. We chose black, white with accents of gold.
2. How did you decide on this theme? After choosing the University Club as our reception venue, I knew we needed to keep the theme simple and classic because the overall venue was so elegant.
3. How did you meet each other? We were set up through a mutual friend. We probably could have met on numerous occasions but the timing happened to be perfect. I say numerous occasions because the list is impressive; Steve went to a small private school in Wilmington, Delaware with my college roommate, he attended and played lacrosse at Haverford College with people I have known since a child, we attended the same college parties at Haverford, he was in my College apartment in Boston a year after I graduated, he was in my Montauk share house the only weekend I wasn’t there, Steve lived on the same NYC block as me but at different times, my other college roommate married her soulmate who happened to be one of Steve’s friends and lacrosse teammates from Haverford. Once we started seriously dating, I realized our circle of friends was intertwined and our worlds kept getting smaller and smaller.
4. How long have you been dating? 3 years
5. How did he propose? Steve proposed to me on Christmas (which happens to be my favorite holiday because I love being surrounded by family). Christmas morning, after opening gifts, my Mom kept hounding me to get dressed and pick up the car. My family had tricked me into picking up a car we left at my cousin’s house on Christmas Eve. I was under the impression we were being responsible by leaving the car overnight since we had all been drinking (I now know, I was the only one drinking Christmas Eve and picking up the car was a ploy to get me out of the house).
After I picked up the car, Steve followed me back to my parent’s house however, little did I know, he received a call from my brother alerting him his family had not arrived yet and to stall. The only way Steve could stall was to drive extremely slow behind me. (When I say extremely slow, we’re talking 5mph down a busy boulevard… and I watched him break at a green light and watch the light turn yellow then red.) I thought he was playing a joke on me and had to pull over on the shoulder multiple times.
Once we made it back to my parent’s house, I was called into the family room where Steve’s whole family was waiting for us. After the excitement had dwindled from their amazing surprise visit, Steve called my name. As I turned around, he was down on one knee asking me to marry him. It was truly an amazing day being surrounded by our family and having them witness our proposal.
Dream Team Players:
A. Planner: Luisa Colon from Everything Fabulous for Your Events
B. Brides Dress: Pronovias
C. Veil: Pronovias
D. Tuxedo: My Suit
E. Bride Shoes: Stuart Weitzman
F. Groom Shoes: Brooks Brothers
G. Makeup Artist: Charmaine Parr Charmaine Parr of Paul Anthony Salon
H. Hair Artist: Diana Considine
I. Invitation Company: R.S.V.P.
J. Photographer: Christian Oth
K. Ceremony Location: St. Ignatius Loyola
L. Florist: Ariston Florist
M. Entertainment: Vali Entertainment
N. Wedding Venue: University Club
O. Lighting Company: SNS Staging
P. Cake Designer: University Club
Q. Linens: University Club
As Ashley aptly put it…It was the best day of our lives!
Edward Neary is the founder of Joseph Edwards Films. His passion for filming weddings flows through the films he creates. He has 20+ years experience in the wedding industry and loves helping engaged couples with practical advice on planning their wedding.
Subscribe to Edward's blog and follow him on social media for some great tips.
Latest posts by Joseph Edwards (see all)
- Marissa and Ryan’s Mandarin Oriental wedding trailer - December 23, 2017
- Kate and Blake’s NY Palace wedding trailer - December 17, 2017
- Jamie and Jeff’s Pleasantdale Chateau wedding trailer - December 13, 2017