I asked Jen and Adam some questions about love, life and the big day!
1. What were the theme and colors of your wedding? The theme of the wedding was Elegant Rager. We wanted the day and night to be the most fun ever — for us and for our friends and family. An energy of party (raging) was central to the success of the event. And of course, we loved our flowers, colors and menu, which were elegant but not “untouchable” or overdone. The colors were green, cream, blush, and rose gold
2. How did you decide on this theme? When we thought about how we wanted the night to go, we really wanted it to be about positive energy, good vibes, and lots of fun. We love to party with our friends and family, but never really had the funds to pull it off quite so elegantly as we did that night!
3. How did you meet each other? He was just a midwestern guy living a frat boy life in the big city. She was a New Jersey party girl with a serious passion for pizza. Until one day they met and both of their lives changed for the better. Jen and Adam were introduced on a business call while Adam was working at an ad agency called OMD and Jen was selling ads at iVillage. As fate would have it, this Nebraska boy was a New York Knicks fan, and Jen treated her new client to a night out at the Knicks/Raptors game on 4/4/2011. After hours of non-stop laughing over beers at the Garden, they both knew that they had something very special. Having a client relationship was a big no-no, so they kept their relationship strictly “professional” (i.e. they went to fancy dinners and partied at bars, but always went home separately). This friendship grew over many months, and Adam finally asked Jen out on a formal date. She hesitantly accepted, but when he showed up dressed-to-impress holding an orchid for her, all she could do was smile and fall further in love with him.
Over the 4 years we’ve been together, we’ve built a fairytale NYC relationship based on a mutual love for the New York Giants, sushi dinners, adventurous travel, backyard barbecues, and our dog Ollie. On September 4th, we are taking the next step and saying “I Do” in front of all of you – our dearest family and friends. Nothing could make us happier than officially becoming “Jendelman” and sharing this special day and beautiful memories with those we love most — and celebrating it all with a party of a lifetime!
4. How long have you been dating? By the day of our wedding, we had been dating almost 5 years!
5. How did Adam propose? I proposed to Jennifer Wolf on Friday, November 27th, 2015 which happens to be her birthday (31st birthday). We went out to dinner at the trendy restaurant (The Clocktower) located on Madison Avenue. This happens to be a special spot as the Botanical Gardens food/catering service is owned/run by Starr Restaurants (same owner as The Clocktower – Steven Starr). We had a very nice dinner and proposed at home after walking Ollie, our dog (the ring was ready to go).
The Dream Team Players:
A. Planner: Sara Muchnick Events
- Orit and Aaron’s Wedding Trailer - August 3, 2017
- Jessica and Rocco’s Plaza Hotel Wedding Trailer - April 19, 2017
- Frances and Adam’s Mandarin Oriental wedding trailer - March 4, 2017
B. Photographer: Joseph Lin Photography
C. Brides Dress: Marchesa (Saks Fifth avenue)
D. Bridesmaids dresses: Monique Lhuillier
E. Veil: Something borrowed! From my cousin, Erica Wolf
F. Tuxedo: Hugo Boss
G. Bride Shoes: Jimmy Choo
H. Groom Shoes: New York Boots
I. Makeup Artist: Michelle Elise Artistry Michelle Elise Artistry
J. Hair Artist: Michelle Elise Artistry Michelle Elise Artistry
K. Invitation Company: Bonomo Paper Co.
L. Ceremony Location: New York Botanical Garden
M. Officiant: Rabbi Stephen Wylen
N. Florist: Bride and Blossom
O. Entertainment: Karen Lloyd Band: Hank Lane Karen Lloyd Band of Hank Lane Orchestras
P. Wedding Venue: New York Botanical Garden
Q. Lighting Company: SM Events SM Events
R. Cake Design: Stephen Starr Catering
S. Linens: Party Rental LTD
Edward Neary is the founder of Joseph Edwards Films. His passion for filming weddings flows through the films he creates. He has 20+ years experience in the wedding industry and loves helping engaged couples with practical advice on planning their wedding.
Subscribe to Edward's blog and follow him on social media for some great tips.